The building inspector's mission is to ensure commercial buildings and residential homes that are constructed, altered, or maintained in the City of Clifton meet recognized standards for quality of life and building safety. The City reviews plans and inspects construction to enforce International Building Codes.
The building inspector works part time and is only available three days per week. Contact City Hall to request an inspection - he's always busy, so don't wait until the same day or even the day before to set up an inspection! Call ahead of time!
- Process applications for building permits
- Review plans for all remodeling and new construction
- Conduct inspections - to schedule an inspection, please contact City Hall 24 to 48 hours prior to the inspection date.
- Respond to citizen complaints regarding non-permitted structures and work.
- Share information on construction procedures and code requirements.
To schedule an inspection, please contact City Hall at least 48 hours prior to inspection.
Building Permit Application
The City of Clifton uses the 2015 International Building Codes.
The City of Clifton uses the 2014 National Electric Codes.
* See also Ordinances