Utility Billing / Account Information
Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
403 West Third Street
P.O. Box 231
Clifton, TX 76634
Phone: (254) 675-8337
Fax: (254) 675-8358
Water/Sewer Emergency - (254) 675-6620 or
The City reads water meters and provides billing and collection services for the water, sewer, and solid waste services. Visit our Citizens Page to find out who handles your electric and gas utilities.
The Utility Information Sheet has water, sewer, and garbage rates as well as information about those services.
Paying with Credit Cards
Link Your Website to PSN: Use the link below to direct your payers to the proper page on PSN.
Automated bill paying
Save a stamp or a trip to City Hall to pay your bill! You still get a bill, just like you do now, but instead of bringing us cash or writing a check, the City will automatically draft your bank for payment. If you're often out of town, or just plain forget sometimes, this service can save the inconvenience of a disconnection and reconnect fees.
Click here to print an application
Water service policy
- Statements for water, sewer, and garbage collection services (the "water bill') will be sent to customers on the 27th of each month. Your first bill will include a $10 service charge.
- Water bills are due by the 5th of each month, and are delinquent if payment is not received by the 15th of that month. Delinquent payments will be surcharged 5% of the gross bill or $5.00 whichever is greater.
- Delinquency notices will be sent on the fifth business day following the 15th of the month. Delinquency notices will include the delinquency surcharge and a notice that water service will be discontinued if payment in full is not received by the first of the following month.
- If service has been disconnected by the City, the amount due plus a $20 reconnect fee must be paid before service will be turned back on. In hardship cases, come see us before we turn your water off to work out a payout agreement approved by the City Secretary. It is unlawful to turn on a water supply that has been disconnected for failure to pay. Violators will be prosecuted.
- Restoration of discontinued service will be in accordance with, and subject to, the fees and deposits required under current City tariff, just as a new customer account. In addition an administration fee shall be charged for any reconnection outside normal office hours.
- Rented or leased address - New service will not be connected, nor deposits accepted for services to tenant-occupied properties for which the owner has a delinquent account. Owners of tenant-occupied property and new tenants of a tenant-occupied property which was previously billed to the account of a former tenant, will not be liable for the delinquent account of the former tenant. The City will seek recovery only against the former tenant.
- New owners of property will be required to pay a previous owner's delinquent accounts only if a lien has been duly perfected against the property.
- Customers who rent or lease property will be required to present a rental/lease agreement upon connection of service.
- Water Billing - If you have a question or issue regarding your water bill, please contact City Hall
- Frequently Asked Questions